World Population Day Observed on July 11. In 1989, the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Program announced July 11th as world population day.
This day mainly focuses on issues like the importance of family planning, gender equality
, and poverty, mental health, and human rights. Another greatest consequence of the growing population is the lack of natural resources. According to the United Nations survey, the current world population is 7.7 billion as of June 2019.
The Importance Of World Population Day
- World population day aims to give awareness about the global and growing population.
- The primary initiative of this day is to give awareness about reproductive health problems also empowers the youth.
- World population day also focuses on gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Educate the youngers about the sexually related issues and healthy pregnancy
- Ensuring access for primary education for both boys and girls
- Increasing population also leads to global warming and environmental pollution.
- Due to the increasing population, we may experience a lack of natural resources
St.Teresa’s college celebrated world population day on July 11th. Our 2nd and 3rd-year undergraduates were given an awareness class on gender equity and equality by Dr.NIkilesh Menon, NOdal officer Aardram Mission, Ernakulam on 18th July 2019.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Share This Story,