B.Sc Physics undergraduate programme aims at:
- Read, understand and interpret physical information – verbal, mathematical and graphical.
- Equip students in methodology related to Physics.
- Impart skills required to gather information from resources and use them.
- To give need-based education in physics of the highest quality at the undergraduate level.
- Perform experiments and interpret the results of observation, including making an assessment of experimental uncertainties.
- Provide an intellectually stimulating environment to develop skills and enthusiasms of students to the best of their potential.
- Use Information Communication Technology to gather knowledge at will.
- Attract outstanding students from all backgrounds.
Course Structure – B.Sc Physics
The U.G.programme in Physics include (a) Common courses (b) Core courses(c) Complementary Courses (d) Open Courses and (e) Project. No course shall carry more than 4 credits.
Core papers include:
Semester I Methodology in Physics
Semester II Mechanics and Properties of matter
Semester III Electricity and Electrodynamics
Semester IV Electronics- Practical
Semester V Classical and Quantum Mechanics, Physical Optics and Photonics, Thermal and Statistical Physics, Digital Electronics – practical, Open course, Project
Semester VI Computational Physics (practical), Nuclear and Particle Physics(practical), Condensed matter Physics(practical), Relativity and Spectroscopy(practical), Choice Based Course
Subsidiary 1 – Mathematics
Subsidiary 2 – Statistics