It was the far-sighted vision and zealous effort of the then Principal Mother Digna and Mother Bernadine, the Foundress of the department that culminated in the establishment of the Department of Home Science in 1958 with the commencement of the UG Course. Fifty-five years of merit and excellence have rolled by in the history of the Home Science Department. Post Graduate courses in Family Resource Management, Child Development, and Food and Nutrition commenced in 1962, 1964, and 2001 respectively. In the year 1985, the department was recognized as a research center – the only research center for Home Science under Mahatma Gandhi University. Today the Home Science curriculum has been restructured and scientifically planned to make it multi-dimensional and skill oriented. Backed by a competent faculty team, the department excels in all three aspects of higher education – teaching, research, and extension.