The self-financing department of Commerce started in the year 2013. It offers a postgraduate course which helps graduates explore the world of knowledge in commerce, which will help them enhance their skills and ideas.
Master of Commerce (M.Com.) is a postgraduate academic degree which is a 2-year program offered by the Department of Commerce.. The Master degree course covers the study of principles of accounting, Financial Management Strategies, Accounting Direct Taxes- Law, money and banking systems, knowledge about business, trade and its characteristics and policies involved, etc. Therefore, study of M.Com. degree gives a vision of commerce, management and economics.
In the final year, the students opt for specialized study in any one fields of Commerce such as Taxation, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Banking, Insurance, etc. The universal process for admission to M.Com. course happens through an entrance exam.
- This course is also suitable for those candidates who are willing to pursue Chartered Accountancy and Company Secretary-ship.
- The M.Com. Programme consists of IV semesters. Each semester has 5 papers and a course viva and project at the end of the IV semester.
- M.Com degree serves as a basis for further higher studies and research in this field such as Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree in Commerce.
- On successful completion of Master’s degree in Commerce, a student can apply for the UGC-NET or JRF exam. The success in these exams makes teaching or research as good options.
- Commerce post graduates can take up research work in various fields of Indian national security problems including the international relations, geopolitical, geostrategic, socio-economic, tactical aspects of war, etc.
M.Com. – Syllabus
Advanced Financial Accounting Principles of Management and Organisational Behavior Financial Management Principles Research Methodology Quantitative Techniques
Advanced Financial Accounting Strategic Management Financial Management Strategies Human Resource Management Operations Research
Management Accounting Direct Taxes- Law and Practice International Business Corporate Governance Business Environment
SEMESTER IV (Elective -Finance)
Advanced Cost Accounting Direct Taxes- Assessment and Procedures International Finance Financial Markets and Derivatives Security Analysis and Portfolio Management Project/Dissertation Viva-Voce