M Sc Food Science & Nutrition Course Details
The department of home science was established in the year 1958. The home science department is conducting graduate and postgraduate courses. There is a huge scope after M Sc Food Science and Nutrition. This course is concerned with all technical aspects of food. This course offers lots of job opportunities in India and abroad.
- BSc/B. Voc programme with a specialization in Food and Nutrition/Food Science and Quality Control/Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics/Food Technology or Home Science/Family and Community Science.
- Graduates in Biochemistry/Zoology/B.Sc Nursing with PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics of any statutory University recognized by M.G University are also eligible.
- Graduates in Biochemistry/ Chemistry/Zoology/Nursing with any three of the following Nutrition-related courses are also eligible. i)Basic Nutrition ii) Biochemistry iii) Human Physiology iv)Diet Therapy v)Clinical Nutrition vi)Diet in Diseases
Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in CBCSS(2009)pattern should possess a CGPA of not less than2.00 out of 4.00 in the Core Group(Core plus open and complementary courses).
Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in CBCSS(2013)pattern should possess a CGPA of not less than 5 out of 10 in the core group(Core plus open and complementary courses) Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in other patterns should possess not less than 50 % marks in man and subsidiary subjects under Part III.
- Restructured and scientifically planned curriculum to make multidimensional and skill oriented.
- Competent faculty members.
- Excellent infrastructural facilities
- Well set and equipped laboratories
- Well stocked library
PG Admission open, apply now.