The Department of History was established as part of St.Teresa’s College in the year 1993. B A History was the first course established under the department of history.
- To provide students with a wider scope at graduate level itself in practically relevant and advanced areas of study and research.
- To relate history discipline with practical needs and tasks.
- In order to encourage multi-disciplinary approach.
- To make students inquisitive and intellectually sharper.
- To give thrust on studying History subject as a process rather than an aggregate of finished state of affairs.
- It must be taught as a social science studying processes and human affairs in a developmental perspective. This requires a holistic approach opposed to the usual practice of dividing History into social political economic cultural and so on as independent facets.
CORE COURSES – B A History
Methodology and Perspectives of Social Science
Cultural Transitions in Pre- Modern Kerala
Making of Modern Kerala Informatics
Understanding the Past Early Societies in India
Institutions in Pre Colonial India
State and Societies in the Ancient world
India: Nation in the Making
Trends in Historical Writings
Issues in Contemporary India
Situating Medieval World
Understanding Modern World
Capitalism and Colonialism
Choice based Course