St. Teresa’s College is offering BCA Cloud Technology and Information Security programme to prepare students for new-age IT careers of tomorrow in this domain.
This unique course provides dual career options for the students in the fast growing technology sectors of Cloud Technology and Information Security. In addition to all the mandatory subjects of a traditional BCA, this specialized course offers in-depth practical know-how of the current trend Technology – Cloud and Information Security. These sectors have the potential to grow exponentially and they provide challenging job opportunities for young professionals with the right skill sets.
On the Cloud Technology front, the course will provide students with the fundamental knowledge of all aspects of Cloud Technology. The course focuses on Virtualization Technology, Cloud Technology, Datacenters, Networking and Operating Systems. On the Information Security front, this course equips the students with the concepts and the technical skills in Information Security. The focus of the course is on the models, tools and techniques for enforcement of Security Policies, with emphasis on Cryptography, Ethical Hacking, Computer Forensics and Virtualization and Cloud Security.
The minimum qualification required to be eligible to apply is a pass in the 10+2 examination(Science) or equivalent from any recognized Central or State Board or a course recognized as equivalent thereto by the college.
At the end of first year (1st and 2nd Semester), the learner will be able to
- Understand the basic concepts and working of a Computer, the types of languages used, the organization and architecture of the components in a Computer, and the working of operating system.
- Discuss the features and functions of Linux Operating System.
- Understand the concepts behind programming in C and C++, and develop simple to complex programs.
- Compare the different types of data structures and develop programs to search and sort for elements.
At the end of second year (3rd and 4th Semester), the learner will be able to
- Understand software development and the concepts behind Java programming, and develop simple to complex programs.
- Discuss how to provide protection for information, how to manage data using a database, how to perform ethical hacking and explain the different concepts in computer networks.
- Discuss fundamentals of cloud computing.
- Understand the concept of virtualization and different products for doing the same.
At the end of third year (5th and 6th Semester), the learner will be able to:
- Understand the basics of encryption and decryption techniques in Cryptography and also giving an idea of key management and distribution features..
- Discuss about how to provide security for mobile and wireless technology and understand computer forensics and investigation concepts.
- Understand how the different IT services can be provided with the help of Windows Azure.
- Discuss the administration of Linux server and understand how to configure and administer different services
Career Opportunities for Cloud Technology and Information Security Professionals
- Career Progression Path – Cloud Technology
||Entry level (0-1 yrs exp.)
||Mid Level (3-5 yrs exp.)
||Advanced level (5 yrs plus exp.)
||Sr. Cloud Engineer
||Manager Cloud Technology
|Remote Desktop Engineer
||Cloud Provisioning Engineer
|Cloud Security Specialist
||Manager Cloud Security
- Career Progression Path – Information Security
(0-1 yrs exp.)
(3-5 yrs exp.)
(5 yrs plus exp.)
||Executive Information Security
||Sr. Information Security Officer
||Chief Information Security Officer
||Sr. Malware Analyst
||Manager Anti Virus Development
|Network Security Management
||Network Security Analyst
||Network Security Consultant/Architect
||Application Security Analyst
||Application Security consultant/Architect
|End Point Security
||End Point Security Support Desktop
||End Point Security Support Desktop
||Incident Response analyst
||Threat Analyst/Threat Intelligence and Research
|Junior Penetration Tester
|Database Manager – IT Security
||Network and Database Manager – IT Security
||Datacenter Security Engineer
|Junior Cyber Forensic Analyst
||Cyber Forensic Analyst
||Cyber Forensic Investigator
3 years (Full time)