Sr.Tessa can be described as a judicious combination of admirable leadership qualities, strong value system and unfailing faith in the Supreme Power, which have been guiding her path in leading St. Teresa’s College to greater and greater heights. Appreciated by the Management and colleagues, loved by students and parents and admired by the public as a renowned academic, an efficient administrator and an educationalist of exceptional quality, Sr.Tessa remains a Principal with a difference.
She has been the motivating force behind the excellent achievements of St.Teresa’s in the academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular fields. Dedicating herself totally to the formation of the youth entrusted to her care, she worked very hard, day and night, to bring them up as intellectually creative, emotionally mature, morally responsible and spiritually enlightened women who will excel wherever they are. She put in sincere and earnest efforts to instil high quality and credibility to the academic and nonacademic programmes of the college, whether they are related to the development of infrastructure facilities, student and staff development, sports and games, co-curricular activities or introduction of new courses or new systems of education. Under the able stewardship of Sr.Tessa, St.Teresa’s College was brought to a pinnacle of glory through innumerable richly deserved distinctions and awards, which are far too many to mention, but some of the outstanding ones are:
1. FIVE STAR status by National Accreditation and Assessment Council.
2. R.SANKAR AWARD for the Best College of Kerala (third time) for the year 1998-’99.
3. Rajiv Gandhi Foundation Award for the best college in the state of Kerala for the year 1999.
4. R.SANKAR AWARD for the Best College of Kerala (forth time) for the year 2000-2001.
5. Fr.Joseph Thannipara Educational Trust Award for the best women’s college in the state of Kerala 2001-2002.
6. First among the Ten Best Colleges in Kerala short-listed by Vanitha, one of the Malayala Manorama Publications.
7. Fr.Joseph Thannipara Educational Trust Award for the best women’s college in the state of Kerala 2002-2003.
8. Eight National and State-level awards for the Best Principal.
9. Countless awards, trophies, prizes and other distinctions brought home by the staff and students.
In her ride towards excellence, she has given emphasis to providing employment opportunities to students by introducing job oriented programmes of study, empowerment of women and high moral and spiritual values; and puts in exemplary and admirable work for the uplift of the down-trodden and disadvantaged groups such as physically and economically challenged boys and girls and destitute children by getting the help and co-operation of students, parents and public.
The much-coveted multi-purpose indoor stadium cum auditorium ‘Teresian Gym Plaza 75’ has taken shape in 2002; and the long-cherished dream of her predecessors of having a spacious auditorium for the college is getting realized, as part of the Platinum jubilee Celebrations.