OBJECTIVES : To produce competent Dietetic professionals by imparting quality education and vocational training and skills giving wide exposure to the nuances of Dietetics.
- The course builds competent professional dieticians in hospitals and specialty clinics.
- They can also find job prospects in the field as Nutrition and Diet consultants in Food service organizations like Hotels, Hostels, Geriatric homes and also as administrators of Industrial canteens and other specialties.
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in Home Science, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Food Science and Quality Control and Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics and any other related subjects.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE
- Regular visits to related industries
- Internship in 3/5 star hotels
- Series of nutritional education programs in rural communities
- Conduct theme-based Food Fests
- Opportunity to practice as interns in well established multispeciality hospitals
- Talks and seminars by eminent resource persons
- Opportunity to present assignments and seminars by students
Semester-I Human Biomechanics, Food Science, Principles of Nutrition, Normal Nutrition- theory and practical.
Semester – II Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics-I and II- theory and practical, Nutritional Biochemistry, Food Service Management and Hotel Internship.
Semester – III Public Health Nutrition, Food Microbiology and Quality Control, Communication Skills, Yoga or Basic Life Support- Practical (Electives), Community Programme and Hospital Internship.
For more details about the course, please contact,
- Ms. Surya M. Kottaram, Assistant Professor ( Mob : 9447711230)
- Ms. Ani Thomas Thottan, Assistant Professor (Mob : 9895174873)
or visit the department webpage.