The Department of Psychology, St. Teresa’s College (Autonomous), Ernakulam, signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Saintgits Institute of Management, Kottayam on 30th January 2023. Saintgits Institute of Management is a research-focused business school, founded in 2006 under the aegis of Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam. Saintgits Institute of Management is affiliated with APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram, and offers an AICTE-approved MBA program and a Ph.D. in Management.
The MoU between Saintgits Institute of Management and the Department of Psychology will be to collaborate on capacity building in order to support each other in its efforts to transition its employees and students into professionals of repute. The collaboration is with the purpose of providing –
- Joint Value-Added Courses for students under the common seal of St. Teresa’s and SIM
- Joint Management Development Programmes under the common seal of St. Teresa’s and SIM
- Joint training programs and workshops
- Conducting seminars and symposiums
- Collaboration in teaching, research, and development, and consultancy studies in the field of mutual interest
- Conducting programs of a variety of nature for capacity building.
Dr. Joy Jose Thoppan, Professor from Saintgits exchanged the MoU with Rev. Dr. Sr. Vinitha, Provincial & Manager, in the presence of Dr. Alphonsa Vijaya Joseph, Principal, and Ms. Bindu John, Head of the Psychology Department of the college.
As part of the collaboration, Saintgits has agreed to conduct a Value Added Course on Social Entrepreneurship for the B.Sc Psychology students. Assistant Prof Eldo Varghese engaged sessions on the same on 30th and 31st January 2023.