The You Matter Counselling Centre of the Department of Psychology along with the Teresian Rural Outreach Program organized an Awareness Drive on Mental Health for the students of Vocational Higher Secondary School, Irumpanam on 18th Oct 2022 from 10.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
Five students and one faculty of the Department of Psychology took awareness sessions for 8th, 9th, and 10th-standard students on various topics related to mental health. The sessions engaged included
- Mental Health and Well-being by Ms. Hajira K.M of 2nd year M.Sc Psychology
- Emotional Regulation and Coping with Emotional Distress by Reeba Manu of 1st year M.Sc Psychology.
- Toxic, and Healthy Relationships by Jewel of 1st year M.Sc Psychology.
- Cyber Bullying and Revenge Pornography by Fiza Fathima and Suha AG from 1st-year M.Sc Psychology.
- Exam Anxiety and Creating Good Study Habits by Asst. Prof Anjitha Venugopal for Xth Standard students.
A total of 150 school students benefitted from this awareness drive which was well received.