- Seminar on the different career options and opportunities available for students and fresh graduates in the field of writing and media in India and globally by Ms. Anubha George, former Deputy Editor and journalist, BBC Radio 1.
- The students of the II BA Communicative English and III BA Communicative English went for a Media Visit to Malayala Manorama studios (Mazhavil Manorama and Malayala Manorama News) in July.
- In collaboration with the Writer’s Forum, the Department Association conducted a Creative Writing session by Ms. Tanya Abraham on 22 July
- On 9th August, the final year BA Communicative English students attended the News Photography Exhibition and Seminar at Chinmaya College of Arts, Commerce and Science
- Twelve students from II BA Communicative English attended Expressions, an annual media seminar at Commits Institute of Journalism and Mass Communication, Bangalore, on 10 August 2016.
- Session on ‘The Art of Self-Expression’ by Ms. Anubha George, 1 September
- NSS Wing of the College in collaboration with the department organized a Workshop on ‘Road Map to Journalism’ to commemorate National Journalism Day on 17 November
- Session on ‘Advertising and Digital Marketing’ on 29 November. It was held by representatives from Buzzstop Integrated Communications Pvt. Ltd., an advertising agency.
- The Department of Communicative English organized an International Workshop on Art for Social Change: Meraki 2017 ‘Discover the Art within you’ on 19, 20 and 21 January 2017.
- 25 students of the department along with a faculty member participated in the Art Workshop conducted by Ms Jayanthi at the Kochi Biennale on Jan 11.
- Prof. Ranjini Rao, HoD of Marketing Communication, Commits, Bangalore, held a session on “Touching Lives: The Power of Digital Media” on January 25, 2017.
- A talk on the ‘Advantages of Communicative English Teaching System’ by Jacob Nettikkadan, a natural philologist, was held on 1 February.
- As a part of the course Environmental Studies, the first year students of the department went for a one-day trip to Applapuzha backwaters on 11th February 2017.
- The department conducted a two day workshop on 13 and 14 February 2017, as part of the TROP activity for the year 2016-17 at LTGLPS, Ocanthuruth.
- Ms. Meena Vari, Dean and Coordinator, Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore, familiarized the final year students of the Department about the various higher studies programs available at Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology on 15 February.
- Nine students attended a talk conducted as part of Kochi biennale by Geetha Narayanan at Cabral Yard, Fort Kochi. Following the talk, Narendra Raghunath, familiarized the students on how to read and appreciate appreciate the Biennale artists’ installations at Aspin Wall on 18 February.
- Eight students from III B.A. Communicative English and two faculty members attended the 10th International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala (IDSFFK) from 17 June 2017 to 19 June 2017 at Thiruvananthapuram.
- The Department Association inauguration was held on 4 July 2017. A session on ‘Language Development and Communication’ was led by Ms. Leela Joseph, Former HoD, Department of Communicative English, St. Teresa’s College
- A talk on ‘Branding and Media Planning’ was organised on 27 July 2017 for the II DC and III DC students of Communicative English Department. Mr. Vivek Mohan, Kochi based Brand Consultant was the speaker of the session.
- An Industrial visit to MMTV and Mazhavil Manorama studio, Aroor was organised on 9 August 2017 for the II DC students of Communicative English Department.
- The Final Year BA Communicative English students went for a class tour to Goa on 23rd August and returned on 28th August 2017.