Five Day Online Faculty Enrichment Programme on Quantum Mechanics from 18-01-2021 to 22-01-2021 was organized by the Teresian Teaching Learning Centre and the Department of Chemistry and Centre for Research, St. Teresa’s College in collaboration with Chemical Research Society of India Local Chapter with the support of all Chemistry teachers in India. The event was organized through Google Meet and started everyday at 7 pm and ended at 8:30 pm. The resource person was Dr. R.S. Swathi, Associate Professor, School of Chemistry, IISER-Thiruvananthapuram. On demand from the participants, the FEP was extended to one more day to 23-01-2021.
67 teachers participated in the enrichment program which covered the following topics:
- Historical background-Ideas that led to the birth of quantum mechanics.
- Postulates of quantum mechanics, mathematical foundations
- Particle in a box, quantum tunneling
- Electronic structure of He
- Molecular orbital treatment
- Modelling conjugated systems
The topics were selected after conducting a needs assessment survey among the participants.