The Department of Psychology, St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam in collaboration with the Association for Social Change, Evolution and Transformation (ASCENT) held an 18 Day FDP on Mastering Research Methods in Behavioral Sciences from 4th January 2022 to 16th Feb 2022. 40 participants from all over the State attended the FDP held during the evening from 6.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. Eminent professors of Psychology, from various institutes in Kerala functioned as resource persons for the FDP.
The program was organized for faculty, research scholars, and post-graduate students in the field of behavioral sciences. The FDP provided theoretical and practical classes on conducting research in behavioral sciences. The FDP covered topics related to developing research attitude, ethics, literature review to data analysis, report writing, and publication. Each session ended with Q&A and discussion regarding the topics discussed in class.
The sessions covered in the FDP included :
- 4th January 2022 -Mr Shiju Joseph- Developing research aptitude and guiding student projects in psychology.
- 5th January 2022 – Dr Chinju C – Research Ethics: Plagiarism, Ethics Committee, Ethical Approval Process, Helsinki guidelines, Journal Article Reporting Standards (JARS) – APA Style, and Pre-Registration.
- 6th January 2022 – Dr. Sameer Babu – Identifying a research problem and formulating a research question.
- 10th January 2022 – Dr. Chinchu C – Literature review: How to conduct a literature review and Tool selection for Quantitative studies.
- 11th January 2022 – Dr. Anil Chandran- Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and mixed-method.
- 17th January 2022 – Dr. Anil Chandran- Data Collection: Designing data collection form.
- 18th January 2022 – Mr. Jimson E. R – Survey data collection using E-forms.
- Dr. Chinchu C – Data Preparation: Data entry, Export & cleaning.
- 19th & 20th January 2022 – Dr. Chinchu C – Statistical Analysis – Jamovi.
- 21st & 25th January 2022 – Mr. Jimson E.R – Statistical Analysis – SPSS.
- 31st January 2022 – Dr. Archana Chandran – Report writing, formatting, and referencing.
- 1st February 2022 – Dr. Chinchu C – Reference management using Zotero and Mendeley.
- 3rd February 2022 – Dr. Priya K Nair – Scientific research paper writing skills .
- 8th-11th February 2022 – Mr. Shiju Joseph – Qualitative Analysis: Tools, Preparation, Analysis, Reliability & Validity.
- 16th February 2022 – Dr. Sameer Babu – Paper presentation, publication guidelines, and synopsis presentation
The FDP helped educate young faculty members on how to guide research projects and created a better understanding of research methods, data analysis, and report writing for scholars, students, and teachers.