BSc. Physics undergraduate programme aims at:
- Read, understand and interpret physical information - verbal, mathematical
- Equip students in methodology related to Physics.
- Impart skills required to gather information from resources and use them.
- To give need based education in physics of the highest quality at the undergraduate level.
- Perform experiments and interpret the results of observation, including
making an assessment of experimental uncertainties.
Provide an intellectually stimulating environment to develop skills and
enthusiasms of students to the best of their potential.
- Use Information Communication Technology to gather knowledge at will.
Attract outstanding students from all backgrounds.
The U.G.programme in Physics include (a) Common courses (b) Core courses(c) Complementary Courses (d) Open Courses and (e) Project. No course shall carry more than 4 credits.
Core papers include:
Methodology in Physics
Mechanics and Properties of matter
Electricity and Electrodynamics
Classical and Quantum Mechanics
Physical Optics and Photonics
Thermal and Statistical Physics
Digital Electronics- practical
Computational Physics (practical)
Nuclear and Particle Physics(practical)
Condensed matter Physics(practical)
Relativity and Spectroscopy(practical)
Choice Based Course
Subsidiary 1 - Mathematics
Subsidiary 2 - Statistics