The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of St. Teresa’s College was established on 30 June 2004 and has become an integral part of the institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. Over the years, the IQAC has developed a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the college, evolved mechanisms and procedures for ensuring that the objectives of the IQAC as envisaged by NAAC are met and has made a significant and meaningful contribution towards channelizing efforts and measures towards academic excellence.
The IQAC of the College coordinates all quality-related activities by developing an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication. It works to enhance and integrate the various activities of the College and to ensure the adoption and dissemination of good practices. The IQAC spearheads the conduct of the internal and external Academic Audit of the departments, which promotes quality, accountability and transparency. Such Academic Audits foster healthy competition among departments and sharing of good practices.
The IQAC coordinates the process of restructuring the syllabus to create a progressive curriculum that is in tune with the demands of the time.
An effective feedback system has been developed to facilitate the feedback process to monitor the quality and efficacy of the policies and processes of the institution.
Objectives and Functions of IQAC
1. Coordinate quality-related activities by developing an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication
2. Integrating the activities of the College to ensure adoption and dissemination of good practices.
3. Spearheading the conduct of internal and external Academic Audits of departments to promote quality, accountability and transparency.
4. Creating and maintaining a system of feedback on processes and policies of the College from stakeholders.
5. Initiating and coordinating the process of restructuring the syllabus to create a progressive curriculum that is in tune with the demands of the time.
6. Preparing the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per NAAC guidelines.
7. To coordinate programmes that aim at advancing the career prospects of faculty members.
8. Organise special programmes for advanced learners and slow learners to suit their needs, motivate them and provide opportunities to explore options for growth.
9. To initiate the integration of new methods of teaching, learning and evaluation, especially methods that are technology-oriented.
10. Organise workshops and seminars on quality-related issues/themes and thus promote a culture of quality in all areas and activities of the College.
11. Promote the creation and maintenance of a learner-centric environment and adoption of participatory teaching and learning.
12. Contribute to the decision-making process related to the functioning of the institution.
13. Promote inter- institutional endeavours to facilitate resource sharing and promotion of research.
To uphold the vision and mission of this institution by pursuing quality and developing a system that is geared towards a culture of quality in all academic and non-academic endeavors through the institutionalization of best practices and policies, while remaining accountable to all stakeholders and adhering to globally accepted standards.