- Awarded Ph.D Degree to REEMA KURIAKOSE for her thesis entitled “Marine Yeast Isolates from Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal: Biochemical, Molecular and Phylogenetic Analysis“ on September 4, 2013.
- Dr. Soja Louis attended one day Seminar on “Perspectives of Science“ on 1st October 2013 organised by Sree Sankara College, Kalady in collaboration with ZSK funded by KSCSTE.
- All faculty members attended UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Microbiology and Microbial Technology organised by the Dept. of Botany, St.Teresa’s College, Ernakulam on 7th and 8th of October 2013.
- Smt. Gladys Francis and Dr. Soja Louis along with 36 students of I DC Zoology visited the Gold Med Expo’ 13 conducted by Govt. T. D. Medical College, Allepey on 11th November 2013.
- Smt. Gladys Francis attended the National Seminar on “Environment & Society- The India Challenge” ESTIC’ 2013 conducted by Kannan Devan Hills Plantation Company (P) Ltd. & Tata Global Beverages Ltd on June 5th 2013 at Taj Gateway, Ernakulam.
- Smt. Gladys Francis attended the National Seminar on “Science Sans Borders” Interdisciplinary) on November 7th & 8th, 2013 at Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam.
- Dr. Reema Kuriakose attended the UGC sponsored National seminar on”Invertebrate Taxonomy current trends and Future prospects” by Postgraduate Dept. of Zoology Nirmala College, Muvattupuzha on November 12th & 13th, 2013.
- Smt. Gladys Francis attended the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Indian Environmental Issues: Lessons from History” conducted by the Department of History, St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam on November 25th and 26th, 2013.
- Dr. Reema Kuriakose attended the National Seminar “Immune Disorders and Recent Trends in Diagnostics” by the Dept. of Microbiology, St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva on January 09th and 10th 2014.
- Dr. Soja Louis attended the International symposium on Computational Biology and Drug Design at Mar Athanasios College for Advanced Studies (MACFAST), Tiruvalla on 11-13th July 2013.
- Dr. Meera Jan Abraham and Dr. Soja Louis presented papers at UGC Sponsored State level Seminar ” Biodiversity at risk -an Indian Perspective” at Bharat Matha College, Thrikkakara on 28-29th September 2011. Dr. Soja Louis won the award for Best Paper Presentation.
- Smt. Gladys Francis attended a seminar on ‘Roads become killing fields’ -A proactive approach to the Prevention and management of Trauma organized by Medical Trust Hospital- JAAGRATHA at the Avenue Center, Kochi on 17th September 2011.
- Dr. Soja Louis attended UGC Sponsored Seminar on “Bioinformatics” from 11-13th August at Baselius College, Kottayam.
- Dr. Simi Joseph P presented a paper entitled ” Yeasts and its Applications in Biotechnology” at the UGC Sponsored State Level seminar on ” Recent Development in the fields of Microbiology, Cancer Biology and Epidemiology” at BCM College, Kottayam July 1-2, 2011.
- Dr. Simi Joseph P attended a training program on Chromatographic Techniques at ACESSD, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam from 25th -27th April 2011.
- Dr. Soja Louis attended Orientation program (IT Oriented) at Academic Staff College, University of Kerala , Thiruvananthapuram from 26th April to 23rd May 2011.
| CONTRIBUTION OF FACULTY TOWARDS CURRICULUM |
Smt Gladys Francis contributed chapters in the books:
- Microbiology and Immunology.
- Chordata Diversity of Kerala.
- Laboratory Manual published by the Zoological Society of Kerala (ZSK).
- Encyclopedia published by the Shasthra Sahithya Parishad.
Dr. Meera Jan Abraham contributed chapter in the book:
- Chordata Diversity of Kerala published by ZSK.
Dr. Soja Louis contributed chapter in the book
- Biochemistry, Animal Physiology and Endocrinology published by ZSK.