The Principal of the college, Dr. Sajimol Augustine was awarded the FLAIR (Fostering Linkages in Academic Innovation and Research) Research Excellence Award entailing a cash prize of Rs. 50,0000/- instituted by the Department of Higher Education, Government of Kerala.
Dr. Jaya T. Varkey from the Dept. of Chemistry received the UGC Research Award for the period 2016-18. She is a member of the advisory board of the “International Journal of Medical Microbiology and Tropical Diseases” and the Editorial Board Member of an International Journal, ‘Journal of Multifunctional Polymers’. She is also a member of the National editorial Advisory Board of Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry and the Indian Journal of Cancer Education and Research (IJCER).
Dr. Nirmala Padmanabhan, Head of the Department of Economics was honoured with the CSI- Valiant e-Governance Promoter Award for her active involvement in promoting e-Governance literacy among students and the community. They published Vivara Nidhi, a citizen’s handbook on e-Governance and e-Mithram, a handbook for students on e- governance.
The e-Jaalakam Project of the Department of Economics, which is aimed at taking e- Governance to the masses, was awarded Gold under the category Outstanding e-Governance Initiative by Academic and Research Institutions for the National Award on e-Governance 2014-15 instituted by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension, Government of India.
The project also received the Kerala State e-Governance Awards 2011-13 and Chief Minister’s Special Jury Award for Innovations in Public Service in 2012-2013.
An NGO ‘IT for Change’ in Bangalore identified the e-Jaalakam project as one of the best practices in Gender and e-Governance in Asia-Pacific Region in their research study done for United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) .
Smt. Susan Cherian, Associate Professor, Dept. of Home Science was selected as the Best Programme Officer in M. G. University and under her guidance the College was selected as one among the Best NSS Unit of the University.
The former principal Rev. Sr. Christabelle received the following awards during her tenure:
1. Rev. Fr. Theo Mathias award for Innovative College Educators for the year 2009 instituted by the All India Association for Christian Higher Education (AIACHE).
2. Dr. M.V. Pylee award for the Best Principal of Kerala 2010. This honor is being bestowed on her in lieu of her outstanding and meritorious services in the field of education and human welfare.
3. Rotary Award for educational excellence and meritorious services in 2010.
During her tenure the college received the following honours:
The former principal of the college Rev. Sr. Tessa (1998- 2005) received eight much coveted national and state level awards:
1. Best Principal Award from the Cochin Janakeeya Powrasamithi in 2005.
2. Award of Excellence instituted by the global Malayalee council in the year 2004.
3. Janakeeya Powrasamithi award for the Principal of Outstanding Merit in the year 2003.
4. Rajeev Gandhi Memorial Career Talk award for the Most Outstanding Principal of South India in the year 2003.
5. F. R. Joseph Thannippara award for the Best Principal in the year 2002.
6. Best Principal award by the Teacher’s Cell Of IFDP in the year 2002.
7. Fr. T.A. Mathias National Award for the Most Innovative and Outstanding Principal in the year 2001.
8. Dr. M.V. Pylee Award for the Best Principal of the state of Kerala in the year 2000-2001.