- Achievements of the Department of Economics
- K.P OSHIN of III BA Economics was awarded the first prize for drawing competition conducted by the Centre For Marine Living Resources & Ecology, CMLRE (Ministry Of Earth Sciences) in connection with the Earth Day on 22/04/2016.
- TOOLIKA SURESH of III BA Economics was awarded the second prize for Essay Writing Competition conducted by the Centre For Marine Living Resources & Ecology, CMLRE (Ministry Of Earth Sciences) in connection with the Earth Day on 22/04/2016.
- Meera Unnikrishnrn, Ardra J, Paryathy S Nalonnil, Abhirami Ajai and faculty adviser Dr Thushara George, Asst Professor Department of Economics has been adjudged as the Best Entry from the region in Regional rounds of “The RBI Policy Challenge”.
- Benazir Nazeem Navaz and Irene Lizbeth George of III BA Economics represent the college and Kerala state , in the 19th national e- governance awards organized by DARPG, Ministry Of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions , Government of India at Nagpur from 21st -22nd January 2016
- Dr. Nirmala Padmanabhan, Head, Department of Economics, St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam was honoured with the CSI-Valiant e-Governance Promoter Award for her active involvement in promoting e-Governance literacy among students and the community.
- e-jaalakam has been awarded GOLD under category ‘Outstanding e-Governance Initiative by Academic and Research Institutions’ for the National award on e-Governance 2014-15 instituted by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension, Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances ( E-Gov. Division). The award was distributed during the 18th National Conference on e-Governance at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar, Gujarat on 30-31st January 2015
- e-Jaalakam Project won the Kerala State e-Governance Award under the Category e-Citizen Service Delivery(Special Jury Award) for the year 2011-13
- e-jaalakam project of the Department bagged the Chief Minister’s Award for Innovations in e-Governance for the year 2014. The award included Rs.2 Lakh cash prize, citation and certificates .
A plus in MG University BA Economics Examination March 2015.
CHRISTY MARIYA PAUL- III BA ECONOMICS (3.84)University Topper ANJANA .K.V – III BA ECONOMICS (3.82)
Fellowship-Dr.NirmalaPadmanabhan was awarded the National Fellowship Programme from Netherlands Government for Short term Training course on Decentralization, democratization and development at Hague Academy, Netherlands,March 2013