- he third year students (3 Teams) of B.Sc Apparel and Fashion Design had won I RUNNER UP in Ensemble 2015-16 (International Design Contest for Students of Fashion) held at Le Meridien Kochi, on 10thOctober 2015.
Director Rev. Dr. Sr. Vinitha and Principal Dr. Sajimol Augustine of St.Teresa’s College welcoming the Honorable Prime Minister of India Sri. Narendra Modiji with Art Momento on 17 June 2017 (Art work done by Smt. Dhanya. P , Asst.Professor, Dept. of Fashion Designing, Women’s Study Center, St.Teresa’s College, Ernakulam)
Teams Behind the creative draping skills, Done by Final year students batch (2015-18)
Students of the department had done wall art for St.Joseph’s Govt.L.P.School, Moolampilly, Ernakulam on 19th May 2016 for welcoming new academic year.
The Department has organised two days UGC Sponsored National Seminar on REQUISITES OF DESIGN INTERVENTION IN HANDICRAFTS SECTOR on 8th and 9th February 2017 at Seminar Hall, St.Teresa’s college
The main aim of this seminar is to shed light on the innumerable design possibilities employing design intervention process. The seminar will act as a platform for both the designers and artisans to come together and explore their inherent talents by which it would be possible to pave way to the traditional crafts in the International Market.
The sessions are handled by experienced resource persons who are experts in the field of various craft sectors. Their knowledge and expertise about the use of modern technology in designing the traditional crafts would be a boon to both the student designers and artisans. This seminar is organized as a humble contribution to the society.
The Department in collaboration with KHADI VILLAGE INDUSTRIES & TRIVANDRUM SARVODAYA SANGH is organizing a Fashion Show on “Khadi For Freedom Now For Fashion” on September 7,2016 at 1.30 pm in Platinum Jubilee Auditorium at St.Teresa’s College,Ernakulam
The department has organised – The Graduation show of the students of BSc.Apparel and Fashion Designing and P.G.Diploma in Fashion Designing and Apparel Merchandising ,”KALEIDOSCOPE ” is a colourful reflection of creative talents .This Final collection is a grand finale to the intense trainibated efforts of the students.The show is based on individual themes chosen by the students.
Activities organized by the department (monthly)
- The Inauguration of the department association activities was conducted on 22/06/2016. Ms Sonali Thakur, Entrepreneur and alumnae inaugurated the association activities and gave a talk on “ Career Opportunities in Online Entrepreneurship”
- The department organized “Kaleidoscope 2016” – The Graduation Show of the B.Sc Apparel and Fashion Design and P.G. Diploma in Fashion Designing students in the Platinum Jubilee Auditorium, St. Teresa’s College on the 21st July 2016.
- The department conducted various intercollegiate competitions in connection with World Breast Feeding Week at St.Teresa’s College (Autonomous), Ernakulam on 03/08/16
- The department conducted a Yoga Training Week (22/08/16- 26/08/16), by Ms. Sreelatha Bijith , the beneficiaries included the students and teachers of the department
- The Department has entered into a partnership through an MOU with Trivandrum Sarvodaya Sangh, a directly assisted institution of Khadi and Village Industries Commission, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India for extending design inputs for the KALPATARU – KHADI FASHION STUDIO – an initiative of Trivandrum Sarvodaya Sangh. The MOU was signed on 17/08/16
- The Department and KVIC jointly conducted a fashion show on 07/09/16 with the theme “ Khadi for Freedom, Now for Fashion” which aims to bring awareness to the public about the unlimited possibilities of Khadi for Fashion.
- The faculty Ms. Vinitha Paulose, Ms. Nayana Vinayan and Ms.Ben Joe Vattathara along with the IIIrd year students went for industrial visit to Trible weaving unit Ooty, Alamcombu Devanga Cotton and Silk Handloom cooperative society Sirimugai from 20/09/16-22/09/16
- The department in colloboration with Kalpatharu Fashion Studio – an initiative of Thiruvanathapuram Sarvodaya Sangh, kick started a year long campaign to promote Khadi at St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam on 5th October, 2016. In connection with this a banner designing competition on the theme “Gandhi Jayanti” was also conducted.
- The department in connection with General Hospital, Ernakulam conducted Informative wall art display done by the students of department for the World Food Day Celebration 2016
- The department conducted an International seminar on 4K Make Up in association with Pattanam Designory on 4th November 2016.
- The Department conducted a Workshop on Folk art paintings by resource persons from Hobby Ideas Fevicryl Pvt Ltd for staff and students of the department on 29/11/2016
- The department conducted a logo designing competition on the theme “ Consortium of Autonomous College in Kerala” in association with fine arts club on 9/1/2017
- The department conducted a UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Requisites of Design Intervention in Handicrafts Sector” on 8th and 9th February 2017.